The Greater Springfield Community Sports Development Program (CSDP) provides training and development in the sports of Archery, Ice Hockey, Tennis and Volleyball. Athletes receive comprehensive mental and physical training in their sport, both in the competitive arena and off the field. Numerous locallytrained athletes have gone on to compete at the state, regional, national, collegiate and international levels.
The program reaches 5,000 youth a year through training camps/clinics, schools, after-school programs and neighborhood events.
The CSDP maintains strong working relationships with national governing bodies USA Archery, USA Hockey, the United States Tennis Association and USA Volleyball, all which emphasize athlete development and growing the sport.
Established in 2003, the program is overseen by a volunteer board including local sports leaders, advocates and five Olympians. It is administered through a partnership with the Springfield-Greene County Park Board, which provides coaches, equipment and facilities.
Athletes of the Year 2021
- Archery - Easton Beezley
- Hockey - John Brown
- Tennis - Caden Lingenfelser
- Volleyball - Hannah Gardner
Athletes of the Year 2020
- Archery - Jerika Branson
- Hockey - Jason Wasie
- Tennis - Erin Jarvis
- Volleyball - Grace Gardner
Athletes of the Year 2019
- Archery - Hope McCool
- Hockey - Zahn Werner
- Tennis - Finn Wartick
- Volleyball - Brynn Bonewell
- The overall Athlete of the Year is Hope McCool
Athletes of the Year 2018
- Archery - Breahna "Hayden" Catron
- Hockey - Megan Fisch
- Tennis - Reid Jarvis
- Volleyball - Birdie Hendrickston
- The overall Athlete of the Year is Birdie Hendrickston, Volleyball
Athletes of the Year 2017
- Archery - Hailey Timmons
- Hockey - Gage Robb
- Tennis - Hannah Loder
- Volleyball - Holly Luginbill
- The overall Athlete of the Year is Hannah Loder, Tennis
Special Thanks to Our Community Partners
- Ozarks Coca-Cola Bottling Company
Call 417-838-1275 if interested in contributing or sponsoring!