Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park
Rutledge-Wilson Farm Community Park was first envisioned as part of the community's Vision 20 / 20 process, and has become a reality for Greene County and the Springfield metro area as a result of a 1/4 cent parks sales tax approved by voters in 2001.
The 207-acre farm park was created to provide educational, as well as various recreational resources for the community and will celebrate the rich agricultural heritage of the area. Amenities include a new animal barn, new visitor's center and gift shop, and milking barn. The grounds will consist of demonstration crops and gardens, 20-acre native prairie, pasture land, one-mile paved trail, farm-themed playground, and Wilson's Creek.
Special thanks to the Rutledge-Wilson families for their generous support of the Springfield-Greene County Park Board.
Read highlights (PDF) and download our visitor guide (PDF) for interesting and helpful information about Rutledge-Wilson Farm Community Park.
- From I-44:
- West on I-44
- Exit on West Bypass- turn left off of exit
- Continue South on West Bypass until you reach Farm Road 146, then turn right (Bradford Mini Storage on corner)
- RW Farm is approximately 1 mile down FR 146 on the right hand side
- From Sunshine:
- West on Sunshine
- Right onto West Bypass
- Take first left- Farm Road 146
- Farm is approximately 1 mile down FR 146 on the right hand side
Life on the Farm
When you visit Rutledge-Wilson Farm Community Park, you can enjoy the following activities:
- Enjoy special events throughout the year
- Fish in the fishing pond
- Gift shop
- Play on the farm-themed playground
- See who lives in the big red barn
- View fields of crops and a large butterfly garden
- Walk, run or bike the Wilson's Creek Trail