Clubs & Programs
SPARC is a licensed child care program that provides a great opportunity for your child to learn and grow both before and after school through a variety of clubs, sports, enrichment activities, homework help, and mentoring. SPARC also offers clubs throughout the year to enhance learning and physical activity beyond school hours. See our Parent Handbook (PDF) for more information.
Before & After School Programs
Fremont, Harrison, Truman, Watkins*, Westport, Williams (p.m . only), and Wilson’s Creek
*Watkins students will be bussed before and after school to Fremont Elementary.
Before School: (6:30 a.m. - School begins; M-F)
After School: (School dismissal - 6:00 p.m.; M-F)
Fee: Before School - $20 per week
Reduced rate* - $5 per week
After School - $40 per week
Reduced rate* - $15 per week
Registration: Begins July 1?*Must qualify for free/reduced lunch status
Mr. Zimmerman's Art Club
Join Mr. Zimmerman and SPARC for this amazing Art Club. Session II of Art Club is chalk full of brand new lessons. Students will focus on the development of clay skills. Students will learn about coil, slab, and hand building in this totally amazing winter Art Club! Register by Fri., Jan. 19.
Who: Grades 5-6 Where: Wilson's Creek Art Room When: Wednesdays, Jan. 24-Feb. 28 Cost: $30
Join SPARC and ART-C Painting for this step by step painting class that will have you paint a masterpiece with no experience required! Register by Monday, March 26.
Who: Grades 5-6 Where: Wilson's Creek Art Room When: Friday, March 30 Cost: $30
Quest Spring Break Camp
Don't sit at home all spring break; come hang out with Quest and fill your week with all of THIS awesomeness! Register by March 6th.
Age: 5-12 yrs. Date: March 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Time: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Fee: $100 for week of March 12-16
$24 for Friday, March 9
How to Register
A partnership between Springfield Public Schools and the Springfield-Greene County Park Board
SPARC After School Program
The program provides a fun and safe environment for students to continue to learn and grow beyond school hours. The program provides:
- Snack Time: A healthy after school snack and 100% Juice are provided.
- Social Time: A chance for friends to catch up, talk about their day, and unwind.
- Games and Activities: Every day provides a different activity, or choice of activities that work on a core physical, mental, or enrichment element. SPARC focuses on teamwork, sportsmanship, strategy, critical thinking, and more!
- Homework Time: We give the students a chance to work on any homework from the day, study for any tests, or ask the staff for any specific help with an assignment.
- Special Events: Movies, pizza parties, and cookouts!