Training & Development
Ice hockey through the Greater Springfield Community Sports Development Program (CSDP) provides boys and girls with the programs necessary for a young athlete to develop the skills to become the best hockey players they can be. The program offers the latest on-ice and off-ice training techniques essential to taking a player's game to the next level.
Our focus is to provide a strong fundamental foundation for players in a fun, competitive atmosphere. We allow kids to grow as hockey players without ever having to leave the Springfield area. We provide the tools and we work together to help all our athletes achieve their future hockey aspirations and Olympic dreams.
Head Coach BJ Norman
- 2005 IJHL All-Star team
- 2010 ACHA Div 2 All-Star team
- Exeter Sea wolves Jr. A hockey team member and captain
- Johnson and Wales University NCAA Div 3 Ice hockey team
- Missouri State University ACHA Div 2 Ice hockey team
- Missouri State University Assistant and Head coach
- Northern Colorado youth hockey coach
- Springfield Spirit youth hockey coach
- This program is designed to inform athletes and parents about college scouting, recruiting practices, and self-marketing.
- We also offer a parent meeting to educate parents on our development process.
- Nutrition is the foundation to any sport or activity, and provides the gateway to great health year round.
- Players are given formal education about staying hydrated and eating for performance.
- Educating players of all ages how to interpret nutrition labels, understanding ingredients in their food, and knowing the affects foods have on their bodies, and their performance.
- Teaching players how to make healthy food choices at school, on the road, or during competition with grocery list and nutrition plans.
On - Ice Training
- Players benefit from a wide range of game situational drills and individual skills development.
- We offer heavy emphasis on small area games.
- We develop fundamentally strong and well conditioned skaters during the on and off seasons of hockey.
- The on-ice instruction that will prepare players for higher levels of hockey.
Off - Ice Training
- Proper technique and form is taught to kids to help reduce chances of injury.
- Weight room and dry land sessions will focus on helping the players become athletes; thus making them better hockey players.
- Movement / Agility, speed, and strength programs that are designed to help players make functional strength gains that applies directly to the sport of hockey.
- Movement screenings, yoga, and Olympic lifting.
- Access to some of the best training facilities in the State.
Classroom Lectures & Mental Development
- Classroom setting will allow players to have interactions with coaches and high level guests to learn leadership roles and qualities to become better athletes on and off the ice.
- Video session's will help players break down their game both on, and off-ice.
Jordan Valley Ice Park
Jordan Valley Ice Park's prime location in Jordan Valley Park has access to park trails, 2 full sheets of ice, and a fitness room all in 1 location.
CSDP Summer Hockey Camp
Want to sharpen your hockey skills? Youth will receive on- and off-ice training to develop different abilities to become a great hockey player. Skating, body strength and overall knowledge of ice hockey, taught by certified coaches. Registration opens in April. Jordan Valley Ice Park 417-866-7444.
9-18 yrs.June 11-Aug. 1
Mon. and Wed., ages 9-12
Tues. and Thurs.., ages 13-18
9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
$300 for all 6 weeks